Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010- Day 12- My True Passion-Concert Photography

I am cheating a bit.  I did not take the following pictures tonight.  They were taken in Albany, NY on February 5, 2010 at the Three Days Grace, Chevelle & Flyleaf concert.

Concerts and Music are a huge part of my life.  I relate memories in my lifetime by what music and songs were popular at that time.  In my everyday life, an average day includes at least ten hours of music in it.  Life is just too quiet without it.  I try to go to as many concerts in a year as I possibly can, I would say we see at least seven to ten shows on average.  Our Crue (giggle) consists of Me, Todd, Jenni (Soul Sista) and her husband Chris. Todd and Chris are very good men, they take us to shows, deal with us being at times a 'lil inebriated, and keep us safe.  The two of us are social butterflies at shows and run into numerous friends that we typically only see while at a concert.  We do our best to help out and educate the next generation of rockers (sometimes with more success than others), but more than anything we go to rock out.  We sing our hearts out, scream at the top of our lungs (and get many looks when we do), and truly enjoy ourselves. 

Anybody that knows me well (Soul Sista to name one) understands that I get truly excited when I get an amazing shot at a concert.  

It is very difficult to get a good quality picture at a show.  The lighting is; to say the least, unpredictable, and the crowd around us can make the task quite challenging.  Now, I feel that anyone can get a great picture if they are in the front of the stage or even on stage on the sidelines; but it takes some skill to get a good shot while standing in the middle of a crowd that is seething.  Bodies pushing up against you, beer and other liquids flying in the air, crowd surfers over head(watch for feet!), and the inevitable mosh pit that opens up right where I am standing.  Add to this the next generation who do not have any concert etiquette, and there are times when I wonder why I even try.  Then, I get the shot..............

Lacey Mosley- Lead Singer of Flyleaf



Adam Gontier- Lead Singer of Three Days Grace




 Adam Gontier


2 comments:

  1. I swear these are now my favorite part of the morning! Just wait, you'll get awesome shots at Korn and Five Finger Death Punch too!~The Soul Sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pic of Adam Gontier,very cool
    <3 Barb

    ReplyDelete