Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27, 2010----Day 10---Winter Wonderland

I haven't posted in the last two days, and I apologize.  Life got crazy for a little bit, but I am back.  The pictures I chose today are were actually taken on day 8 of my project- 2/25/2010.  

Living in Syracuse, NY we are for the most part used to a lot of snow.  This winter though, has not been that bad, so when a nasty storm came to give us all a reminder of what we have been missing on Thursday everybody slightly panicked.  

Mary, my wonderful boss was concerned about the roads, and decided to shut the office down at 3:00 instead of our normal 4:30.( I love her for this, because the roads did get horrendous).  I got home around 3:30 or so, and decided to take advantage of getting home so early.  

There is a dog park in Liverpool, our poopies love it, but we are unable to bring them there very often.  Luscius is not neutered and will get into a territory battle with any other un-neutered male that might be there.  I figured the park would be empty because it was a Thursday, people are at work and the weather was awful.  

I advised my lovely daughters Amanda and Samantha that they would be accompanying me on this adventure; and they rather reluctantly got themselves ready.  Now Pooch and Cosmo knew something was up and were very riled, as soon as I turned into the entrance Lusicus started his "talking" (I cannot begin to describe it, except that his dialect contains yelps, frustration yawns and lip blowing/puffing)

Luckily I was correct and the dog park was empty.  We played with the poopies for about an hour and a half.  In the process, we lost both of Luscius' favorite balls, Sam built a miniature snowman named Hewitt, and Momo injured her leg. ( we didn't realize this until later in the evening- aspirin works well).  

We really enjoyed ourselves and so did the doggies.  I took a lot pictures, and it was very challenging.  My glasses had turned into sunglasses (transitions), it was snowing very hard (snow flakes on my glasses, viewfinder and lens), plus I would fog up my viewfinder whenever I shot for an extended amount of time.  I chose a few pictures that were my favorite- one each of my ladies and a couple of my other babies.

Enjoy!

Cosmo

 
Luscius with Cosmo bringing up the rear














Pooch had the ball and Momo wanted it









                                                                                                       Samantha and Hewitt



 
Amanda 

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome Sare!!! You always make me giggle in your blog. I think your writing skills are just as good as your photography skills!! ~Soul Sista

    ReplyDelete