Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day- I have no freaking Clue! March 30, 2010

I have failed in my attempt to take a picture each day, much lest post them.  I have recently taken quite a few pictures, but have been so busy I haven't even thought about posting them.  

So here is a few shots of what I have been up to. 


Recently Route 81 north was closed due to a building that was in danger of collapsing onto the road.  This created a detour take made my 7 mile-15 minute drive home a 1 hour long ride home.  It brought me through what used to be many, many moons ago a nice part of town-the North Side- Now it is run down and has a lot of problems- I took this shot as I sat at a traffic light- a random tire leaning up against a storefront.
My office is located on the sixth floor of the west tower at Crouse Hospital.  Right outside my window is the Heli-Pad for Upstate Hospital's Mercy flights.  I have been trying to get a shot of one of the helicopters landing or taking off for months.  I either forget my camera at home, or by the time the sound of it registers in my mind- I have missed the opportunity.  Well I finally was on the ball and got a few decent shots. 


The weekend of March 13th, three girlfriends and I went to New York City.  We went to a Broadway show, shopped and ate- a lot....It was my first show and I truly had a great time.  I give Rachel credit for this shot- She stopped me as we were crossing the street and said "this would make a great picture"- She was correct- Thank you Rachel!

Monday March 14th Todd and I went to Rochester to see Thousand Foot Crutch, Red, Chevelle and Breaking Benjamin.  We ended up getting kicked out because of my camera.  This is one of the few shots I got before two rather cranky security "ladies" started stalking me. 
This is the drummer for Chevelle- Sam Loeffler


March 20th- We had Amanda's 15th birthday party at The Comfort Suites in Cicero.  It was me and six teenage girls (or almost Teenaged)- We had a very good time and they were beyond loud in the pool- The young man working behind the front desk deserves a medal for putting up with their constant demands for more towels.  Six girls can go through more than you can imagine
March 21 Barb and Gerry Schad had the first BBQ of the season at their house.  It was tons of fun and the house was crawling with kids. This shot is of Maddy- Barb and Ger's six year old daughter.  Maddy is fearless, rambunctious, spontaneous, and filled with more energy than I have ever had in my entire life.  This is Maddy jumping off the back of the slide!  Which she did without any injuries.  When we showed her this on my camera- she got this crazed look in her eye that said "I can do better"- She did- she went and did a cartwheel down the slide- unfortunately, I was not fast enough with the camera to capture it.





March 23- I won tickets to see Cavo, Lifehouse and Daughtry at the War Memorial that evening.  Included with these tickets were two passes to meet Cavo, see them perform acoustically, have pictures taken and get autographs.Thank you KROCK!!!!  I took Sam with me, she had told me the week before she really wanted to go to the show to see Cavo- We had a blast and I did get quite a few great shots-

This is the guitarist for Cavo- Chris Hobbs

3 comments:

  1. I love your pics Sara!!! I'm so glad you posted them. I love reading your dialog that goes along with the pics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your pictures from the last 20 days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been slacking Mr McCarthy- I don't wanna hear it

    ReplyDelete